Mathematics >> Average
The average weight of a class of 24 students is 35 kg. If the weight of the teacher be included, the average rises by 400 g. The weight of the teacher is ?
- A. 45 kg
- B. 46 kg
- C. 47 kg
- D. 48 kg Click here for Answer and Explanation
A grocer has a sale of Rs 6435, Rs. 6927, Rs. 6855, Rs. 7230 and Rs. 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs, 6500 ?
- A. 4991
- B. 5467
- C. 5987
- D. 6453 Click here for Answer and Explanation
The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runes must be made in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
- A. 72
- B. 74
- C. 70
- D. 76 Click here for Answer and Explanation
The average of any 5 consecutive odd natural numbers is k . If two more such numbers , just next to the previous 5 numbers are added , the new average becomes
- A. 2(k+1)
- B. 2k-3
- C. 2k+1
- D. k+1 Click here for Answer and Explanation
If the average of 24 consecutive natural numbers is 65.5 then what is the first and last number?
- A. 54 and 77
- B. 50 and 74
- C. 51 and 75
- D. 49 and 73 Click here for Answer and Explanation